Vendor Information & Frequently Asked Questions
FESTI-FALL 2021: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND APPLICATIONS
MERRY MARKET 2021: CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND APPLICATIONS
THE COMMUNITY MARKETPLACE GENERAL VENDOR POLICIES:
- The physical address is 2728 NC-42, Willow Springs, NC 27592.
- Event fees vary by season and by booth type. Please see the vendor application sections for more information.
- Detailed instructions and maps are emailed by Friday evenings before each event.
- Event dates are pre-paid via credit/debit card and are non-refundable. You are permitted to find a replacement vendor within your category, pending approval from TCM Management. If within 2 weeks of the event, we will help you find someone as well. You are responsible for securing reimbursement from that new vendor.
- If you are a no-call/no-show at an event, you will not receive a refund on your fees. Further, any future dates you have reserved will be canceled and those fees refunded.
- All vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs, etc.
- If an event is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, vendor fees may be carried over to a future date available in your category during the same event season. If there is no other date available during the same event season, or the date(s) available in your category do not work for you, the fees are non-refundable. Cancellation decisions will be made no later than 7pm the night before the event.
- If you have reserved a shelter space, please bring your own extension cord if you need access to electricity.
- The Community Marketplace does not guarantee that any vendor will be the exclusive provider of a specific product, but we will limit vendors in certain product categories
- All correspondence should be emailed to email@example.com. We will reply as quickly as possible.
1. What is your address?
Our physical address is 2728 NC-42, Willow Springs, NC 27592
2. What dates and times are the vendor events in calendar year 2021?
Spring Fling Series - Saturdays 3/13 - 5/22 - 10:00am - 3:00pm
Summer Fun Series - Saturdays 6/12, 6/26, 7/10, 7/24, & 8/14- 9:00am - 2:00pm
Festi-Fall Series - Saturdays 9/18 - 10/30 - 11:00am - 4:00pm
Holiday Series - Saturdays & Sundays - 11/20 - 12/19 - 11:00am - 4:00pm
3. What time can I arrive and start to set-up my space?
Set-up begins 1-1/2 hours before the event start time. Please DO NOT arrive before then!
4. How do I know where my space will be?
We will email you a vendor map along with other detailed information the evening before
your event date.
5. What are your set-up procedures?
Upon arrival for set-up, please find your space, unload quickly, and move your vehicle to the
designated vendor parking areas BEFORE you begin setting up your space. Outdoor vendors
should pull in behind the shelter to unload. Shelter vendors should come in front of the shelter
to unload. As we DO often have early-birds, all vendors must be completely set up and ready
at least 15 minutes before the event start time.
6. Where do I park?
Vendor parking will be determined the day of the event based on field conditions. Staff will
advise you where to park.
7. Do I have to wear a mask? What about any helpers/family/friends at my booth?
No, masks are now optional for our outdoor market.
8. When can I start breaking down and packing up?
We ask that you remain set-up in full at least until the event closing time. This is out of
respect for your fellow vendors. When one starts packing up, others inevitably follow, and
potential customers may feel they can no longer shop. This reaction from customers hurts all
vendors and we want everyone to be as successful as possible!
9. Is there a liability form I need to sign?
Yes, we require a vendor liability form for each calendar year that you attend. Once you sign a
form, we will keep that on file and no others should be required for that year.
10. What is the cancellation policy?
All events are prepaid in full and are non-refundable. If you must cancel an event that you
have signed up and paid for, you should let TCM Management know as soon as possible.
We can assist in finding a different vendor to take your space in the same category type that
you are in within 2 weeks of the event dates. If a suitable replacement cannot be found, your
payment cannot be refunded. Contact Management if there are extenuating circumstances so
that we may be able to find an agreeable resolution.
11. What if the weather looks bad for an event I signed up for?
In the case of inclement weather, or other extenuating circumstances, and the event is
canceled due to the decision of TCM, your fees may be carried over to a future date available
in your category during the same event season. If there is no other date available during the
same event season, or the date(s) available in your category do not work for you, the fees
are non-refundable. TCM Management will strive to inform everyone of a event cancellation
by 7:00pm the night before the event.
12. What payment methods should I expect to have at my booth?
Common payments accepted by most vendors are cash, credit card, CashApp, Venmo, and
PayPal. Please have your payment methods ready before the start of the event. Consider
having a display at your booth of the payments methods you will accept for an easier
transaction with your customers.
13. Is there a bathroom on-site?
Yes, there is a bathroom in the main barn located in the shelter area.
14. I am so excited that you have live music this year! How can I help?
We are thrilled to offer LIVE music at our events! This is an opportunity for us to help local
musicians get back to the entertainment scene since most of them have been shut down
due to Covid for the past year. It also helps our draw for customers looking to shop, eat, and
spend a little more time at the Marketplace. We would love for each vendor at each event to
contribute a small item to gift the performer(s) since we are only able to give a small
honorarium to them ourselves. In lieu of an item from your booth, please consider adding a
few bucks to the tip jar. Anything you can do is greatly appreciated by TCM and the
15. How do you market for the events on Social Media?
We post just about every day for The Community Marketplace! We typically post on
Facebook, Instagram, and Nextdoor. We also have our events listed on Eventbrite, Google,
and OutpostLE (this website). We will also occasionally run ads for our events as we feel
16. Will my business be mentioned or tagged or Social Media?
Yes! We will tag your business at least once during the week before the event.
17. How do I know I will be the only vendor selling my types of products?
The Community Marketplace does not guarantee that any vendor will be the exclusive
provider of a specific product, but we will limit vendors in certain product categories.
If you still have questions about our events, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will reply as quickly as possible. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Julie, Marketplace Manager