Cinnamon Pecan Drop Biscuits 14oz cloth bag
Easy drop biscuits, filled with cinnamon and chopped pecans and drizzled with powdered sugar glaze. The perfect warm and hearty start to any morning.
Julia's Pantry Cinnamon Pecan Drop Biscuits are my mother's favorite drop biscuit mix because they are easy to make biscuit and a quick breakfast food to enjoy anytime. In fact, Julia's Pantry Cinnamon Pecan Drop Biscuit Mix even makes a scrumptious coffee cake or out of this world bread pudding (recipe below).
My most favorite activity when I visited my grandmother was to watch her make buttermilk biscuits before each meal. The nimbleness of her fingers as she gently mixed the flour, buttermilk and lard in her wooden bowl was amazing. The end result was a pile of fluffy, buttery biscuits with a crisp outer crust. Truly Heaven on earth!
In my attempts to replicate the process, I ended up with biscuits that resulted in a hard, hockey pucks that could keep the NHL amply supplied for generations. That being said, my father and I set out to create a mix that anyone could bake successfully... even me. Eureka! Here is an easy drop biscuit mix that only requires water. Now you can enjoy the delicious buttery, buttermilk taste of biscuits finished with a crispy outer crust.
Here's the SECRET to making biscuits like Grandma's, fluffy layers on the inside and a thin crispy outer layer, is all in how you mix them. Biscuit making is truly an art form. When adding the water and other ingredients, gently FOLD them together just until moistened. Place heaping tablespoons closely on baking sheet as this helps to make fluffy biscuits.
BEWARE! DON'T over-stir batter or the biscuits will come out hard and crispy. DON'T add too much water or they will come out flat like a pancake. The upside is that even the mistakes taste good!
Enjoy our other drop biscuit flavors- Buttermilk Biscuit Mix, Cinnamon Raisin Biscuit Mix, and Blueberry Biscuit Mix. All made with locally sourced soft winter wheat flour, real sweet cream buttermilk and real churned butter.
Packaged in a retro-designed cloth feed sack that can be used again and again - one of our efforts to Go Green for our environment.
DIRECTIONS: Easy Cinnamon Pecan Drop Biscuits:
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Pour flour mixture and chopped pecans in a bowl and add 2/3 cup of water
4. Using as few strokes as possible, fold ingredients together to moisten dough.
5. Drop heaping tablespoon portions of drop biscuits closely together onto lightly greased baking pan. If making a coffee cake, pour batter into an 8 x 8 casserole dish instead.
6. Place in oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Mix powdered sugar with a couple of teaspoons of milk or water until glaze reaches desired consistency.
8. Drizzle glaze over warm biscuits.
1. Stir in dates, cranberries, apples, etc.
2. Drizzle with honey vs. powdered sugar glaze
3. Make drop biscuits and top with chopped pecans, then drizzle with icing.
EASY COFFEE CAKE RECIPE:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add 3/4 cup of water to biscuit mix and pecans. Fold ingredients, as noted above.
3. Pour batter in to 8 x 8 baking pan.
4. Bake for approximately 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven.
6. Mix powdered sugar with a couple of teaspoons of milk or water until glaze reaches desired consistency.
EASY BREAD PUDDING RECIPE: (One of my favorites)
Julia's Pantry Southern Drop Biscuits (any flavor)
2 sticks of butter, melted
1 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups of milk
1. Prepare Drop Biscuits according to package directions. Cool for 10 minutes.
2. In a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish, break cooked biscuits into pieces and set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, combine eggs, melted butte, sugar. vanilla,nutmeg and milk.
4. Pour mixture over the biscuits. Cover with aluminium foil and let soak for several hours or overnight.
5. Bake in a 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until the liquid is cooked and the top is golden brown.
6. Serve warm with powdered sugar glaze or honey.
7. Drizzle glaze over warm cinnamon pecan coffee cake.
All return issues must be handled by the vendor directly. OutpostLE cannot process or handle returns for any transaction. All funds for transactions are directly deposited into the vendor's account, minus all transaction fees. OutpostLE does not receive any money for any transactions outside of the transaction fees, which are non-refundable.