Write on Point Tutoring
- My name is Courtney Harrell, and my goal is to help you gain confidence and skills in all things literary! I offer online tutoring for grades 6+ in reading, writing, literacy, and other related skills.
I am a public school educator turned small business owner with 10 years of classroom teaching experience. I have teaching licenses in grades 6-12 English, grades 9-12 history, and grades K-12 Academically and Intellectually Gifted (AIG) education. I received my BA in English from Meredith College, a highly rated liberal arts women's college in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Some common topics I provide tutoring for include:
- essay outlining
- foundational paragraph writing skills
- reading comprehension
- literary analysis
- Claims/Evidence/Reasoning (CER) thinking and writing
- Basic and advanced grammar
- PSAT/SAT Prep (Reading and Writing sections only)
While COVID-19 is still a concern, all of my tutoring will be conducted via Zoom or other video conferencing platform.
If you are interested in discussing tutoring for you or the student in your life, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (910) 538-8481.